TikTok is calling on marketing and creative professionals as well as agencies in Southeast Asia to join the TikTok Trendsetter creative competition. Launching on November 9th, the contest asks participants to utilize the social media giant to solve real-world marketing challenges.
“The power of TikTok is clear, but it requires a new and different way of thinking,” said Ng Chew Wee, TikTok Head of Business Marketing. “Utilizing an entertainment-based platform allows marketers to engage with users in a ‘sound on’ environment, opening an entirely new window of opportunity. Just like our users, we invite marketers to be experimental and explore their creative side while addressing today’s brand challenges through the Trendsetter creative competition.”
Running for six weeks, the TikTok Trendsetter creative competition is divided into three separate categories:
- Individual Category: Individual contestants to submit one TikTok video creative idea that addresses marketing-related challenges for Small and Midsize Businesses and sectors such as Fast Moving Consumer Goods and Government.
- Agency Category: Agency contestants to submit a storyboard for at least four TikTok video creative ideas, a media plan leveraging TikTok and one sample TikTok video that addresses marketing-related challenges for industries such as Fintech, Luxury, Automobile, and Telecoms.
- Existing Campaigns: Campaigns that have already run on TikTok this year can also participate in the competition.
TikTok will hold virtual creative workshops on November 24th and 26th in partnership with BBDO Singapore to provide a deeper understanding of how to leverage the social media giant for marketing purposes ahead of the competition at https://www.tiktok-trendsetter.com/.
All TikTok Trendsetter submissions will need to be submitted by December 24th with voting for the most creative ideas taking place from January 4th to 22nd. The following panel of judges representing in-house and agency creative executives, as well as CMOs and TikTok Creators, will be determining the winners of the competition which will be announced on February 1st:
- Ng Chew Wee, TikTok Head of Business Marketing
- Katie Puris, TikTok Managing Director of Global Business Marketing
- Dianchen Yao, TikTok Head of Client Solutions SEA
- Jeff Cheong, DDB Group Singapore Deputy CEO and Tribal Worldwide Asia President
- Tay Guan Hin, Chief Creative Officer of BBDO Singapore
- Nguyen Dinh Toan, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Suntory Pepsico Vietnam
- Sutirapan Sakkawatra, EVP Head of Marketing at Siam Commercial Bank
- Roberto Saputra, Chief Brand Officer at Smartfren Telecom
- Maryzyle Fernadez Galinato, Group Creative Director at Hakuhodo Saigon
- Pingkan Rarumangkay, Executive Creative Director at Wunderman Thompson Indonesia
- Sompat Trisadikun, Chief Creative Officer at The Leo Burnett Group and Publicis Group in Thailand
For each category, regional and local winners will be selected. Agency teams will have a chance to win up to US$40,000 in prizes, while Individual applicants can win a mentorship session with TikTok Global Business Marketing executives.
To enter the competition, view tutorials, best practices, and creative playbooks, please click here.