The Gerety Award has revealed the global shortlist along with the agency and production company of the year by country titles for 2022.
Shortlisted entries from the APAC region, include, Ecolate Lifull by peak Tokyo, Dove Blackout Mirror by Ogilvy & Mather Philippines, City Hall of Love for Closeup by MullenLowe Singapore, and The Reinvention of Pretty for Mercedes-Benz by BBDO Bangkok.
“There were so many great works and progressive campaigns that showed how brands can actually empower people through innovating the culture from their own point of view,” said Asako Okuno, Hakuhodo, Brand Activation Director and member of the Executive Jury for Tokyo.
“They really reminded me that advertisement today is not about being loud nor beautifully saying, but it’s about proving how brands and their business can valuably function in the world we live in and make a step ahead to a better future”.
In-person judging sessions were held around the world, and this week you can watch the jury insight panels LIVE on YouTube, from Brazil, the UK, USA, Mexico, Denmark, Belgium, Austria, Philippines, and Japan.
The 2022 Agency/Production Company of the year by country winners are:
- UK Agency of the Year – AMVBBDO
- UK Production Company of the Year – Riff Raff Films
- USA Agency of the Year – McCann New York
- USA Production Company of the Year – Partizan
- Austria Production Company of the Year – mel p filmproductions
- Mexico Production Company of the Year – Oriental Films
- Belgium Production Company of the Year – Hamlet
- Belgium Agency of the Year: BBDO Belgium
- Japan Agency of the Year – Dentsu Inc
- Philippines Agency of the Year – Dentsu Jayme Syfu
*Agency and production company of the year by country is chosen by the local juries from the portfolio cut and requires a single film no longer than 5 minutes in length that includes up to three pieces of work from the past 12 months.
A total of 314 entries were shortlisted from 37 different countries. A truly global creative benchmark for the best advertising key numbers include:
- Most shortlisted category: across different media is the Works for Good Cut with a total of 75 entries and Craft with 73 entries.
- Most shortlisted campaigns: Across multiple categories, Unfiltered History Tour for VICE Media by Dentsu Webchutney India and Degree Inclusive for Degree Inclusive Deodorant by Wunderman Thompson Argentina.
- Most Shortlisted Agency: 72andSunny with 14 entries
- Most shortlisted Brand: Ikea with entries from DDB Group Italy, Leo Burnett Riyadh, McCann Madrid and Memac Ogilvy Dubai
- Most shortlisted network: from 16 different offices is McCann Worldgroup
- Most shortlisted Holding company: IPG with 44 entries followed closely by WPP with 41 entries
The final winners will be announced Tuesday, September 6. It will include Gold, Silver, Bronze, Grand Prix, and overall Network and Agency of the year awards.
See the full shortlist here www.geretyawards.com