According to a new Christmas campaign starring Lindsay Lohan, this holiday season Pepsi is giving milk and cookies – a favorite tradition to leave out for Santa – a “surprising and naughty new twist with the introduction of Pilk and Cookies.”
Never heard of “Pilk?” Neither had we, but in short, as you might have guessed, it involves pouring your Pepsi into a glass of milk.
Known in pop culture as a “dirty soda,” this trending combination has grown over several decades and has recently gained viral fame on TikTok, Pepsi proudly notes.
Lohan, fresh off her holiday film, Netflix’s “Falling for Christmas” and recently released rendition of “Jingle Bell Rock,” can be seen enjoying Pilk and Cookies in a short clip here along with a longer version with Santa.
“Partnering with Pepsi to announce Pilk and Cookies has been an incredible experience,” said Lohan.
“As someone who loves the holiday season and embracing new traditions, I was thrilled to have a little bit of fun with Pepsi and their take on the dirty soda. For people learning about Pilk for the first time, I won’t lie to you when I say I was a bit skeptical when I first heard of this pairing, but after my first sip I was amazed at how delicious it was, so I’m very excited for the rest of the world to try it.”
If you’re down for some Pilk and Cookies, but don’t know where to start Pepsi has put together some recipes for you:
Pilk and Cookies recipes
- The Naughty & Ice: For a pure milk taste that’s infused with notes of vanilla, measure and combine 1 cup of whole milk, 1 tbsp of heavy cream and 1 tbsp of vanilla creamer. From there, pour the mixture slowly into 1 cup of Pepsi – the brand’s hero product – and consume it alongside a chocolate chip cookie.
- The Chocolate Extreme: Blend 1/3 cup of chocolate milk and 2 tbsp of chocolate creamer together, transfer the mixture to 1 cup of smooth & creamy Pepsi Nitro to enjoy the richness of the flavor atop of a frothy foam head. This “Pilk” will satisfy the chocoholic in you, especially by pairing it with a double chocolate cookie.
- The Cherry on Top: A hint of cherry always sweetens the deal. Combine ½ cup of 2% milk, 2 tbsp of heavy cream and 2 tbsp of caramel creamer. To bring the complex flavors to life, place the mixture into 1 cup of Pepsi Wild Cherry while pairing the drink with a gingerbread cookie.
- The Snow Fl(oat): An oatmeal-based cookie loaded with raisins is sure to complement an oat milk “Pilk.” Start by taking ½ cup of oat milk and adding 4 tbsp of caramel creamer. Then, slowly pour the sweet mixture into a glass filled with 1 cup of Pepsi Zero Sugar.
- The Nutty Cracker: Combine ½ cup of almond milk and 4 tbsp of coconut creamer and place the mixture atop a pool of smooth & creamy Nitro Pepsi Vanilla. For true richness, pair with a coated peanut butter cookie.