The New York Festivals Advertising Awards has announced the award winners for 2020.
The 2020 Executive Jury of Chief Creative Officers and top agency creatives, led by Jury President Alex Schill, Global CCO, Serviceplan, selected this year’s award winners from the Shortlist determined by the 400+ members of the Grand Jury. NYF’s Film Craft Executive Jury, an award-winning collective of production experts, convened to review all Film Craft submissions. Despite a global shelter-at home mandate, the combined juries met via video conference to deliberate the Shortlisted campaigns and award this year’s winners.
For 2020 the Executive Jury awarded NYF Best of Show Award, 10 Grand Awards, 87 Gold Tower Awards, 176 Silver, and 188 Bronze.
Hakuhodo’s “10 Sec. Drama: The Stop Line of Love” was recognized with the top creative honor, New York Festivals Best of Show Award for its campaign highlighting JMS’ selection of items through a series of 10-second dramas.
The episodes, modeled after a favorite Japanese daytime soap opera, ends with a punchline engaging viewers and building brand perception while emphasizing the broadness of the product line. “10 Sec. Drama: The Stop Line of Love” also was recognized with a Grand Award and a Gold Tower.
“The most difficult point was, how to connect the product with the feelings of viewers within such a limited time (10 seconds),” said Yusuke Kanda, Creative Director, Hakuhodo. “Our solution was to include products that exist ‘Real in our daily life, with the world of Drama “Fiction”, by exquisite balance to create comfortable views and binge-watch through a film-like structure.
Also bringing home a Grand award for Asia was TBWA Hakuhodo for “The Most Challenging PingPong Table” Japan Para Table Tennis Association.
- Activation & Engagement: BBDO Atlanta – “Stop Traffick” Street Grace
- Avant-Garde/Innovative: Forsman & Bodenfors – “The E.V.A. Initiative” Volvo Car Corporation
- Design: Superunion – “London Symphony Orchestra: Dancing on the edge of a Volcano” London Symphony Orchestra
- Direct & Collateral: Scholz & Friends Berlin GmbH – “The Tampon Book: a book against tax discrimination” The Female Company
- Film: TBWA Hakuhodo – “10 Sec. Drama: The Stop Line of Love” jms
- Film Craft: Jung von Matt AG – “The Small Escape” BMW AG
- Outdoor: BBDO Atlanta – “Stop Traffick” Street Grace
- Positive World Impact: Serviceplan Germany – “Dot Translate” Dot Inc
- Social Media & Influencer: K’s Galleries – “Eva Stories” K’s Galleries
- Sports: TBWA Hakuhodo – “The Most Challenging PingPong Table” Japan Para Table Tennis Association
New York City Award
The New York City Award, a special category for NYF’s Advertising Awards, was awarded to celebrate advertising that captures the vibe of New York City. A Gold Tower Award was awarded to Hudson Rouge for “The City That Sleeps” for Lincoln Motor Company. Lincoln collaborated with ambient artist Anders Rhedin to create an 8-hour long album – released on Spotify and as a vinyl record. The album, inspired by specific New York neighborhoods most disturbing sounds, were re-engineered by Rhedin, and crafted into soothing soundscapes with layers of white noise to help people sleep.
The 2020 New York Festivals special industry awards, Global Agency of the Year, Global Brand of the Year, Independent Agency of the Year, and Regional Agencies of the Year will be announced on Monday, May 11th.
To view the 2020 New York Festivals Advertising Awards winners gallery go here. 2020 award-winners.