Are you a seasoned pro with right-leaning sensibilities looking for work in the ad world? Google is looking for you to lead Republican political advertising and head up a sales team managing accounts for GOP campaigns.
Bottom line experience requires you have at least “15 years of experience in politics, advertising, and/or client services.”
The ad marks the second time Google has looked to target the republican niche –which makes sense since they are, at least for the foreseeable future, sitting in the driver’s seat of power.
Last December Google advertised to fill a manager to handle “conservative outreach,” as “Google’s liaison to conservative, libertarian and free market groups,” the ad read.
That position was filled by former Ted Cruz aide Max Pappas, according to Politico Pro.
If you’re interested in applying, here is the official job ad posted by Google.
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google’s key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
As Head of Republican Political Advertising, you will lead and coach an account team that uses consultative skills to collaborate with candidates, political action committees and advocacy groups to persuade voters and legislators. You also work with the Government & Advocacy leadership team to set strategic objectives and run the day-to-day operations for the business.
You have a wealth of experience with Republican campaigns and have strong relationships with GOP campaign managers, pollsters and general consultants. Additionally, you believe political advertising wins campaigns and have a passion for the power of digital advertising.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build strong businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We’re uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google’s broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Work with a cross-functional team to grow the Republican political advertising business, building strong relationships in the industry across campaigns, committees, donors, agencies, and influential players in the political space.
- Work in close collaboration with marketing team to deliver industry leading research, advertising insights, and game-changing narratives that bring the power of digital to political advertising.
- Manage cross-functional efforts at Google to deliver solutions that allow for the Republican political advertising team to achieve broad success.
- Partner with Google’s public policy team in Washington, DC to help further Google’s relationships with candidates and campaigns and represent the company’s best interest on Capitol Hill.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in politics, advertising, and/or client services.
- Consultative sales experience.
- MBA, MS or other advanced degree.
- 5 years of management experience; with the ability to develop and inspire team members
- Proven track record of effective business management and strategic planning
- In-depth knowledge of traditional and digital brand media advertising, competitive landscape and Google’s suite of products.
- Deep relationships in Republican politics
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills with a proven track record of building strong relationships with senior stakeholders.