For the first time its 33 year history, the Epica Awards Sri Lanka is set to take place next month on the 5th and 6th of March. Epica Awards is the only global award show judged solely by journalists. With over 200 journalists on the judging panel and over 4,000 entries submitted, it is one of the largest creative festivals globally held in Amsterdam.
“It gives us great pleasure to export Epica’s unique formula of an independent press jury to Sri Lanka,” said Mark Tungate Editorial director and jury moderator, Epica Awards. “We hope this is the first step in an ongoing adventure and we’re proud to be playing a small part in the country’s advertising history.”
The event will host speakers including:
- Ted Lim (CCO, Dentsu APAC)
- Ali Rez (Regional ECD, BBDO Worldwide)
- Tay-Guan-Hin (Founder/Global CCO, TGH Collective)
- Adam Ferrier (Consumer Psychologist/Founder and Chief Thinker, Thinkerbell)
- Merlee Cruz Jayme (Chairmom & CCO, Dentsu Jayme Syfu)
- Assam Khalid (ECD/Head of Strategy, Ogilvy Islamabad), Babita Baruah (Managing Partner, GTB India)
- Rajdeepak Das (MD India and CCO, Leo Burnett South Asia)
- Indraneel Guha (Strategic Planner/Co-founder, Ki Saigon)
- Kum Kum Fernando (Creative director/Co-founder, Ki Saigon)
- Udara Withana (Head of Strategy, APAC Toaster)
- Yonathan Dominitz (Founder, Mindscapes)
- Philippe Paget (CEO, Maydream)
- Mark Tungate (Editorial Director, Epica Awards).
“Creativity has proven to be an essential differentiator, able to unlock big ideas by bringing fresh connections between consumers and brands,” said Tay-Guan-Hin Founder/Global Chief Creative Officer, TGH Collective. “I am thrilled and excited to play a part in building Sri Lanka’s creative economy by participating as a speaker to share my personal thoughts on creativity.”
“It’s an honor to be speaking at a prestigious event like Epica, and I’m delighted that the show has come to this lovely country,” said Ali Rez Regional Executive Creative Director, BBDO Worldwide. “Sri Lanka has produced some beautiful work lately, much in keeping with the beauty of the island itself and her people.”
Over 750 delegates are expected to attend the festival.
To find out more go here.