That's a lot of dancing.
As part of its effort to encourage people to stay at home and stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, Thailand’s national carrier, Thai Airways, has launched a new campaign via Wunderman Thompson Thailand that rewards people with airline miles for staying at home. In short, rather than getting reward miles for the more you travel, Thai Airways is doing the complete opposite and giving miles to those who limit travel to within their own four walls.
The airline is offering three million miles to active frequent flyer membership (Royal Orchid Plus) with Thai Airways and the Stay Home Miles Exchange app on their device. The app uses geolocation technology to determine if the user stays home.
According to promotional images, along with earning 0.5 miles for playing with your cat, you can earn one mile for dancing at home to a live concert – so if you’re hoping to go somewhere on these earned miles, you better get in to serious dancing mode and give kitty a lot of love. Right now.
The idea also plays on the market insight that excitement for the journey ahead doesn’t start with the flight – it starts with the planning. So the brand is not only rewarding members for staying in, but it’s also giving them hope that future travel is not too far away.
With the airline industry being hit hard by COVID-19 Wunderman Thompson sought to put together a creative concept that would fit well with the current market conditions.
“Thai Airways wishes to stand by the side of all the people in Thailand during this difficult time by urging them to practice social distancing at home to stop infection for the nation, and also allow all citizens to collect mileage points to use after the crisis ends,” said Wiwat Piyawiroj, Executive Vice President, Commercial, Thai Airways.
You can download the app on the Google Play Store. The brand said an iOS version will available shortly.
Thai Airways International
• Priyasiri Juathes, Vice President of Product & Guest Experience Department
• Kittiphong Sansomboon, Director of Brand & Advertising Department
• Alisara Kidmai, Director of Royal Orchid Plus Business Unit
• Preyanan Mongkolsri, Director of Digital Marketing Department
• Chavanant Senivongse, Department Manager, Promotions & Sponsorship Department
• Jarusorn Sanit, Chief, Royal Orchid Plus Business Unit
• Visaicharn Singhakul, Management Trainee
• Chanapatt Chindasanguan, Managing Director
• Saruttaya Mahanavarani, General Manager
• Pornchanan Yamarat, Business Group Director
• Phitchaya Srithiphaphirom, PR Executive
Wunderman Thompson Thailand
• Joao Braga, Chief Creative Officer
• Park Wannasiri, Executive Creative Director
• Chatchai Butsabakorn, Creative Director
• Yannapat Boonkate, Art Director
• Kunat Chaengcharat, Copywriter
• Sethanandha, Sethathip, Creative Production Director
• Pachara Tangsupap, Digital Project Manager
• Sutat Meesiri, Senior Programmer
• Usana Chopsintawee, Senior Programmer
• Kittisak Ardkonghan, Senior Developer
• Tanawat Wongsawan, Front-End Developer
• Mira Vasukulkasemtorn, Project Manager
• Anocha Chaladpru, Client Service Director
• Wasna Jirasuradej, Account Director
• Pufah Nuntavisit, Account Executive
We never share your info, we only share ours.