Prior to the shortlist announcement due Tuesday, June 14th and following the executive jury sessions held with judges from Tokyo and Manila, the Gerety Awards has announced the Agency of the Year for the Philippines and Agency of the Year for Japan.
Agency of the year by country is chosen by the local juries from the portfolio cut and requires a single film no longer than five minutes in length and includes up to three pieces of work from the past 12 months.
Dentsu.inc were awarded for their portfolio cut entry that included the following spots:
- “Camouflage Against the Machines” – UNLABELED, NEXUSⅦ.
- “13865 black dots and 2 red dots.” – NAGASAKI SHIMBUN
- “The Toxic Dictionary” – Nikkei Inc.
“It’s an honor to receive the Japanese Agency of the Year from Gerety Awards,” said Yasuharu Sasaki, Chief Creative Officer, Dentsu Inc.
“It’s also a great confidence boost for our creative team that our ideas that transcend advertising have been well received from the all-female jury’s point of view. I’d like to share the joy with everyone involved. Thank you.”
Dentsu Jayme Syfu was awarded for their portfolio cut entry that included the following spots:
- The Unlimited Love Language
- Women From Home
“We are very honored to be chosen as Gerety’s Philippines Agency of the Year,” said Jerry Hizon, the Chief Creative Officer for Dentsu Jayme Syfu and Dentsu One Manila.
“This underscores the passion and hard work of our whole team at Dentsu Jayme Syfu to create not only work that wins but work that empowers. Thank you to the jury members for serving as an inspiration not just to the women, but to all of us.”
The Gerety jury will feature insight panels along with some of this year’s jury from the Philippines to discuss trends and favorite campaigns from the 2022 Gerety Awards.
It will be moderated by Angel Guerrero, Founder, President, and Editor in Chief Adobo Magazine, the panel includes:
- Maan Bautista, Group Creative Director, Wunderman Thompson
- Merlee Jayme, Chief Creative Officer, dentsu International APAC
- Abi Aquino, Chief Creative Officer, MullenLowe Treyna
- Kat Gomez-Limchoc, Executive Creative Director, Blackpencil Manila
- Fran Palines, Creative Director, BBDO Guerrero
There is also a jury insight panel for Japan moderated by Robert Sawatzky, Editor at Campaign Asia Pacific. The panel includes:
- Ami Mochizuki, Head of International Produce Unit, Tohokushinsha Film Corporation
- Aika N. Sawai, Marketing & Communications Director, Loewe Japan
- Maiya Kinoshita, PR Planner & Copywriter, Dentsu
- Chiharu Ozaki, Creative Service Manager, Geometry Ogilvy Japan / Creative Director, The END ALS Association
You can RSVP for that here.