Cheil Worldwide PengTai Beijing and Hong Kong won the Digital/Mobile Grand at the Clio Health awards for ‘The Cost of Bullying’ campaign for Samsung.
Cheil Worldwide won the Grand Clio, two Golds, a Silver, and three Bronzes at the 2022 Clio Health Awards. The Grand Clio Health Award, the award’s highest honor, was presented to only nine works among this year’s submissions. Clio Health announced the winners at a live ceremony held in New York City on June 15.
“The Bread Exam,” for Spinneys and the Lebanese Breast Cancer Foundation, won two Grands. Seven other campaigns won a Grand each. The following won the coveted “of the year” awards:
- Network of the Year: IPG Health
- Agency of the Year: Area 23, an IPG Health Company
- Independent Agency of the Year: L&C
- Advertiser of the Year: Dole Sunshine Company
The 2022 Grand Clio Health Awards went to:
- Branded Entertainment & Content (Health & Wellness): “The Bread Exam” by McCann Paris for Spinneys and the Lebanese Breast Cancer Foundation
- Design (Health & Wellness): “Degree Inclusive” by Wunderman Thompson Argentina for Unilever
- Experience/Activation (Consumer Brand Health Initiative): “The Cost of Bullying” by Cheil PengTai Beijing for Samsung
- Experience/Activation (Health & Wellness): “The Inevitable News” by Area 23, An IPG Health Company for The Columbia Journalism Review
- Innovation (Health & Wellness): “Tough Turban” by Zulu Alpha Kilo for Pfaff Harley-Davidson
- Out of Home (Consumer Brand Health Initiative): “Malnutrition Facts” by L&C for Dole Sunshine Company
- Out of Home (Health & Wellness): “The Extra Time Badge” by The Leith Agency for Justin Edinburgh 3 Foundation
- Public Relations (Health & Wellness): “The Bread Exam” by McCann Paris for Spinneys and the Lebanese Breast Cancer Foundation
- Social Media (Health & Wellness): “Helmet has always been a good idea” by &Co. / NoA for Danish Road Safety Council
The Cost of Bullying
The Cost of Bullying won the Grand Clio in the Experience/Activation (Consumer Brand Health Initiative). By hacking China’s biggest game of the year, the campaign connected game chatroom’s abusive language detection system with the pricing database to raise the price for the bully every time the system detected any sign of bullying. The campaign also grabbed two Golds, a Silver, and two Bronzes.
Clio Health Award is the campaign’s latest recognition following other creative accolades it won at the international and regional award shows including Clio Awards, D&AD, The One Show, London International Awards, NYF Advertising Awards, Spikes Asia, Adfest, and Ad Stars.
Meanwhile, Cheil Worldwide Spain’s The Battle Inside won a Bronze in the Branded Entertainment & Content (Health & Wellness). With an aim to raise awareness and funds for research on Leukemia, a disease more cruel to younger population, the agency made a DOOM ETERNAL mod game to create a battlefield inside the body of leukemia patient fighting viruses, fungi, and bacteria until they are defeated.
Malcolm Poynton, GCCO at Cheil WW, said: “To lead the charge for Asia at Clio Health is another milestone for Cheil WW. As we continue to break new ground with our digital 3.0 approach, campaigns such as ‘The Cost of Bullying’ and ‘The Battle Inside’ are making a real difference to not only the brands we partner but also to the lives of consumers. And that’s a result we couldn’t be more proud of.”