Cannes Lions has offered up an alternate date for its festival if the spread of the coronavirus worsens and makes June unworkable. Working with French authorities, the festival has secured October 26-30 should the event need to be postponed.
A final decision will be made no later than April 15, Cannes Lions officials announced.
“As we stand today, all of our plans are proceeding as scheduled and we are still working towards Cannes Lions 2020 taking place as planned on 22 June,” says Simon Cook, managing director, Cannes Lions.
“However, as the global situation is evolving constantly, we want to be open about our contingency plans. We have consulted with our customers and partners and have prepared accordingly by putting measures in place to allow flexibility, should we need it.”
“As always, the safety of all those involved is our utmost priority, and any decision we take will reflect this.”
We never share your info, we only share ours.