Apple’s iPad Pro will be available to order online starting Wednesday and arrive in stores later in the week with availability in 40 countries including the UK, Japan and China.
“The early response to iPad Pro from app developers and our customers has been incredible, and we’re excited to get iPad Pro into the hands of customers around the world this week,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.
Apple has kicked the iPad Pro marketing campaign into gear with a galactic theme that focuses on two of the new device’s big selling points: the Pencil stylus and the ability to run two iPad apps side-by-side.
Apple has high expectation for the new iPad Pro as its new larger screen iPhones have been nibbling away at iPad market share. Sales were already dropping for several quarters, but the year ending Sept. 26 saw Apple selling 54.86 million iPads –a hefty 19 percent drop from a year earlier.
Projections by Forrester research estimate that as much as 20 percent of the tablet market will be sales to businesses by 2018, that’s compared to 14 percent this year, in a market that has grown from 218 million units to 250 million units.
Adobe’s iPad pitch
On the same day that Apple starts pushing iPad the Adobe Adobe channel released an ad featuring artists raving about using the Creative Cloud apps on iPad Pro.
Here are the vids from earlier this year announcing the launch of iPad Pro
Here’s pricing and availability from Apple:
- Pad Pro starts at $799 (US) for the 32GB with Wi-Fi model and $1079 (US) for the Wi-Fi + Cellular 128GB model and comes in three gorgeous metallic finishes including silver, gold and space gray and can be purchased at Apple.com, Apple’s Retail stores, select carriers and select Apple Authorized Resellers.
- Apple Pencil will be available for $99 (US) and Smart Keyboard will be available in charcoal gray for $169 (US).**
- iPad Pro will be available in Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greenland, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, UAE, US, UK, Uruguay and US Virgin Islands.
- New, Apple-designed polyurethane iPad Pro Smart Covers will be available for $59 (US) in charcoal gray and white. New iPad Pro Silicone Cases will be available for $79 (US) in charcoal gray and white.
- Every customer who buys iPad Pro at an Apple Retail Store will be offered free Personal Setup to help them customize their iPad Pro by setting up email, showing them new apps from the App Store® and more, so they’ll be up and running with their new iPad Pro before they leave the store.
- Anyone who wants to learn more about the new iPad Pro or iOS 9 can register for the free workshops offered at every Apple Store®.