Dentsu Webchutney Bengaluru led all agencies in Asia-Pacific with seven Gold Pencil wins in The One Show 2022, all for VICE World News “The Unfiltered History Tour”.
All Gold, Silver, Bronze Pencil and Merit winners were announced today in advance of The One Show 2022 in-person awards show on May 20 in New York, where all Special Awards, including Best of Show and Best of Discipline winners will be revealed.
Along with the seven Gold Pencils, Dentsu Webchutney Bengaluru also picked up nine Silver, two Bronze and three Merits for “The Unfiltered History Tour”.
A total of 13 Gold Pencils, 18 Silver, 15 Bronze, and 96 Merits were won by 44 agencies, studios, production companies, freelancers, and brands in China, India, Japan, Pakistan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan-SAR, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Gold Pencil winners for APAC
- Cheil PengTai Beijing with Cheil Hong Kong “The Cost of Bullying” for Samsung in Gaming, Innovation in Gaming
- Shenzhen Dotwell Culture Shenzhen “Honor of Kings-Flourishing Age” for Tencent Games-King of Glory in Gaming, Craft – VFX & Animation
- Dentsu Webchutney Bengaluru “The Unfiltered History Tour” for VICE World News in Branded Entertainment, Augmented, Virtual & Mixed Reality (AR, VR, MR)
- Dentsu Webchutney Bengaluru “The Unfiltered History Tour” for VICE World News in Design, Digital Design
- Dentsu Webchutney Bengaluru “The Unfiltered History Tour” for VICE World News in Direct Marketing, Experiential – In-Person Events
- Dentsu Webchutney Bengaluru “The Unfiltered History Tour” for VICE World News in Interactive, Online & Mobile, Physical Product & Mobile Integration
- Dentsu Webchutney Bengaluru “The Unfiltered History Tour” for VICE World News in Interactive, Online & Mobile, Augmented, Virtual & Mixed Reality (AR, VR, MR)
- Dentsu Webchutney Bengaluru “The Unfiltered History Tour” for VICE World News in Radio & Audio, Online – Branded Podcast
- Dentsu Webchutney Bengaluru “The Unfiltered History Tour” for VICE World News in Radio & Audio, Experiential Radio & Audio
- Motive Tokyo “Totetsu Training Institute” for Totetsu Kogyo Co., Ltd. in Design, Spatial Design – Wayfinding.
- Dentsu Tokyo with Spoon Tokyo and Sunny Side Up Tokyo “Find Your Own Way” for Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. in Moving Image Craft, Production Design
- Six Inc. Tokyo with Riddler Tokyo, Zeal Associates Tokyo and Nippon Design Center Tokyo “Pokémon WONDER” for The Pokémon Company in Gaming, Experiential & Immersive Games
- Ogilvy Group Thailand Bangkok with Don Film Bangkok “Home Sweet Home Ep2” for Tourism Authority of Thailand x Yggdrazil in Gaming, PC Games – Brand Integration / Placement
Globally, Leo Burnett Chicago was the top-scoring Gold Pencil winner with 20 Golds, all for “The Lost Class” on behalf of Change the Ref.
Nine One Show Gold Pencils were won by McCann Paris Neuilly-sur-Seine, all working with McCann Health London, McCann Worldgroup Germany Düsseldorf and Weber Shandwick Neuilly-sur-Seine for “The Bread Exam” on behalf of Spinneys and the Lebanese Breast Cancer Foundation.
Africa São Paulo won eight Golds, four each for House of Lapland “Salla 2032” and Folha de S.Paulo Newspaper “The Most Valuable News”.
Along with Dentsu Webchutney Bengaluru, TBWA\Paris Boulogne-Billancourt also won seven Gold Pencils, including five working with \Else Boulogne-Bilancourtfor for “Only Keep the Best of France” on behalf of Le Chocolat des Français.
A total of 19,579 pieces from 66 countries and regions were entered in The One Show 2022, an increase of 10.5% over last year. Agencies, studios, brands, production companies and designers in 44 countries and regions were awarded 192 Gold Pencils, 164 Silver, 233 Bronze and 1,022 Merits.
Special Awards winners will be announced at The One Show 2022 in-person ceremony in New York on May 20, including Best of Show, Best of Disciplines, CMO Pencil, Fusion Pencil, Green Pencil, Penta Pencil, Sustainable Development Goals Pencil, and “of the Year” winners.
The One Show 20221 Global, Regional and Country Creative Rankings will be announced on May 23.