This year, ADFEST Lotus Awards will return to Pattaya, Thailand to conduct its first live judging in four years, which takes place just before ADFEST 2023 held during Thursday 23 – Saturday 25 March. The ADFEST 2023 juries will be responsible for reviewing and rewarding exceptional work produced across Asia Pacific and the Middle East in the last year. This year’s juries feature a cross-section of most innovative and brightest minds from the region. Each jury panel will judge some of the most ground-breaking work and the juries were chosen with the aim to ensure diversity across markets, backgrounds, and gender.
The Design Lotus, Print Lotus and Outdoor Craft Lotus jury will be led by Kazoo Sato, Chief Creative Sustainability Officer, TBWA\Hakuhodo & TBWA\Asia. Kazoo began his professional career at Sony Music Entertainment as a music producer in 1997. After three years, he moved agency-side, joining Leo Burnett Tokyo as executive creative director for its global brands. In 2009, Kazoo joined TBWA\Hakuhodo and after four years as executive creative director, he was appointed Chief Creative Officer.
Since joining TBWA\HAKUHODO in 2009, Kazoo has helped the agency secure awards across all major international award shows, including Gold Cannes Lions, Clio Grands Prix, D&AD Yellow Pencils and an ADC Grand Prix. He has also led the agency to win seven consecutive Creative Agency of the Year titles from Campaign Asia, more than any other creative agency in Japan. Kazoo became the first Chief Creative Sustainability Officer of TBWA\Hakuhodo and TBWA\Asia in 2022.
Design Lotus, Print Lotus & Outdoor Craft Lotus jury
- Jury President: Kazoo Sato, Chief Creative Sustainability Officer, TBWA\Hakuhodo and TBWA\Asia, Tokyo
- Alexis Waller, Creative Director, For The People, Sydney
- Ben Reid, Director, Milk NZ, Auckland
- Jody Xiong, Founder & Chief Creative Officer, The Nine, Shanghai
- Lili Jiang, Group Creative Director, Cheil Hong Kong
- Mukund Olety, Chief Creative Officer, VMLY&R India, Mumbai
- Ploy Lumthong, Founder & Creative Director, C’est Design, Bangkok
- Prerna Mehra, Head of Design & Creative Director MullenLowe MENA, Dubai
- Shi Ping Ong, Co-owner & Chief Creative Officer, FCB SHOUT, Kuala Lumpur